Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Break Week 2

Week two of summer break and no finishes sure hope it won't be like this all summer.  So just what did get worked on this week?

There was some painting. I changed color in mid painting of the chairs and this is the vintage fabric I'm using on the seats.

[gallery ids="2738,2739,2740,2741,2742"]

We welcomed a new old sewing machine to the fold.  She came with her own cabinet. A singer 201

[gallery ids="2747,2749"]

We did some cleaning out, yes this part of the house still has original 1960's avocado green carpet. This is not the permanent home for the new machine.

SB Week2 1a

I started in on the guest room.  Can you believe there were still Halloween and Christmas pillowcases and table runners on the bed from last fall.  It's no wonder we don't get many guest. I think they're afraid they'll have to sleep on the floor for all the fabric on the bed.  Not really Sister, you can come anytime.

SB Week2 13

Mr Bill took apart an old pump organ.  Before you feel too bad it was in really bad shape and we saved the good pieces and carved pieces to repurpose.

[gallery columns="2" ids="2743,2744,2745,2746"]

Tuesday was QOV sew day.  We were making string blocks ala Al Lind.  I have a few many to go for my quilt top.  But I sure do like string quilts.  Here is the link to the pattern on the Quilts Of Valor site

This summer I'm trying to get the sewing room back in order and get all the donated scraps under control. Some times I have a hard time cutting up the larger scraps, cause wonder if I need a 4 inch block and I cut it all down to 2.5 in.  Really sometimes I can drive myself crazy.  Well not this summer it's all getting cut down to usable sizes and this fall I'll have a empty "scraps to cut down" bin (or two).

So with that in mind I'm cutting 2.5 in and 1.5 in squares in sets of five.  The 2.5 in for a plus quilt that I'm starting in the fall, as of this morning I only need 100 more sets, no matching sets for this one.  The 1.5in is for nine patch blocks I started last July as my leader/ender and I'm ready to finish it up too....But I need lots more for the layout I'm thinking so it has moved from leader/ender to summer project.

[caption id="attachment_2751" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Sweet little 9 patches that will finish at 3in Sweet little 9 patches that will finish at 3in[/caption]

Then there is the 2in quilt.  The one I was going to make one block a day quilt.  Well I'm only 13 days behind.  I'm thinking Wednesday night will be 2in nine patch marathon so I can get a few days ahead. I wrote about it here.

[caption id="attachment_2752" align="aligncenter" width="300"]2 in quilt 2 in quilt[/caption]

So that is how Week 2 went. Not so exciting yet but there's always hope.

Till next week.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment