Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Break 2014 Week 1

And just what did I get checked off my impossible long list.  Well not a gosh darn thing.  I've started on things but no finishes for the first week.

First there was the furniture.  Doing the prep work always takes the longest

[gallery ids="2719,2720,2721,2724,2725"]

I did make a cover for Mr. Bills computer while getting acquainted with my new featherweight.

SB Week1 04

The dirt piles that have been showing up got moved and spread around.  Mr. Bill got to do his favorite job of "water boy "  and look there was a bonus in the piles of dirt.  Big granite rocks, we like big rocks here.

[gallery ids="2726,2727,2728,2729,2730"]

Then I pulled this quilt top out of cold storage..well you know what I mean. You might remember that it was just last summer that I was finishing it up.  I really was not happy with the way it turned out so it got put away to rest.  I think I'm ready to try again to get this one off the UFO list.

[caption id="attachment_2723" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Charm Quilt Top Charm Quilt Top[/caption]

Time was also spent cutting up scraps, eye appointments and trips looking for paint and to Home Depot.

I did some cleaning too and found the top of my buffet.  Now that impressed Mr. Bill.

[caption id="attachment_2731" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Buffet Buffet[/caption]

Not too bad for the first week of summer after all I don't want to get it all done in one week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment