Monday, June 9, 2014

What I'm Working on This Week

The design wall has changed but not because I finished the Gecko quilt. The Gecko blocks were taken down so I could put up the flamingo strip top.

DW 6-9

I was getting ready to quilt this new strip quilt and have just run out of time. So it too has been folded with the backing and batting and put away until I can spend some quality time with it

What is happening is that today is the official start of my Summer Break.  For me this is more a state of mind than a break because I have of course made a impossible long list of what I want to get done this summer before my classes start up again in September.  Starting with a very thorough cleaning of the sewing room.  There is just too much in the room to make it functional anymore.

So my starting point will be the table and surrounding area.  There are a lot of scraps to be cut down to the sizes I use. I think that this summer will be a good time to get caught up on that too.  Besides cleaning up and out the sewing room there is the main floor of the house that we're working on too.  This will be the summer of the big clean out. Oh let us not forget the yards too all this while I'm thinking of starting up a walking program.  Well I won't be bored this summer that's for sure.

Anyway to see more design walls that are really in use head over to Judy's at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Boy does that look familiar. Everytime I clean my Studio I swear that I'll NEVER let it happen again. Never say never. Hope you find some time this summer to relax and enjoy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I hit the wrong key. It is so hard to be creative and keep a studio clean and organized. And, yes, organizing will make it possible to function better in the space you have. Good luck with the great clean up! And, get out there and walk. It'll make you feel better so you can get more organizing done. Or at least, I tell myself it makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete