Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Break 2014 Week 3

Well I made progress this week.

I worked in the yards: It really doesn't take much to fill up all the trash cans around here. :)

SB Week304

My cutting table went from this:

[caption id="attachment_2768" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Cutting table before Cutting table before[/caption]

 

To this on Monday, and really you can still see the surface today too.

[caption id="attachment_2769" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Cutting Table After Cutting Table After[/caption]

I tackled my "Mountain of Flannel"  now it is mostly contained in these bins.

[caption id="attachment_2761" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Mountain of Flannel Mountain of Flannel[/caption]

I finished up my String Star Centers and even trimmed up several to start my star block.  Yes I was doing it at the kitchen counter and yes I grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard above for the scraps. :)

[gallery ids="2774,2772"]

Also finished up some furniture.  How about this lovely little shin warmer chair. Is she cute or what.  While I was on the furniture roll I finished up this little storage footstool too.

[gallery ids="2779,2778,2775,2777,2776"]

I received some 2" charms from Deanna at Wedding Dress Blue for my 2-inch quilt which is her pattern Growing up Odd.  Still totally in love with this pattern and can't wait until fall when I have it all together.  I've fallen behind on my one block a day goal but made up many when I received her charms.  I just had to use them right away. Of course

[gallery ids="2770,2773"]

I'm cutting squares and sewing blocks as I work through my scrap bins

Here is my block count for my three summer projects

3" 9-Patches :  Have 247  Need about 400 I think

2" Quilt:  Have: 54   Need 17 to be caught up to July 1st

2.5" Plus quilt:  Have 184 sets of 5 cut  Need 97 more sets for a total of 281

2.5" Plus quilt: Have 10 sets of 4 cut.  Need 21 more sets for a total of 31

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got the charms and put them to good use. Your quilt is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete