Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's Cooking - Creamed Corn

I think I kinda wimped out on this challenge.  I wrote my draft on Monday night after our dinner that included cream style corn.  We are and have been on a restrictive diet since December (not my fault) so finding recipes that fit the challenge and our diet has been, well challenging.  The recipes I found had several things that are on the "not at this time" list.  Really even cream corn should be on the list too.  But I broke down and bought a can and I think in the back of my mind I just wanted cream corn cause it's going to be a long time before it jumps into the shopping cart again.

So here's what I did with the can of cream style corn.

This weeks challenge ingredient is Creamed Corn.  Now for full discloser Mr. Bill and I both really like creamed corn.  We just don't have it very often, like it's been over a year since we've had it.  I googled, I searched, I went through cookbooks.  After all the reading and searching I just couldn't come up with anything better than heating it up straight from the can and serving it.

Jan23

I made my sort-of-Salisbury Steak, green salad and heated up the creamed corn.  A very yummy meal indeed.

Next week is tofu.  Back to google I go.

Linking up with Judy for What's Cooking.

4 comments:

  1. That's my favorite way to eat it. Although since I only used 1/2 can in my recipe, I was eating it cold. Will heat the rest up tonight for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than I did. I could not even find cream of corn in the few stores I looked (in Austria). I am thinking that maybe tomorrow I will just make... cream of corn! LOL! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had problems finding recipes for creamed corn to.. Your meal looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I love creamed corn. I like to put it into a pot and just slightly burn it and scrape out the "crust" and eat it! I wonder what that is called.

    I have a great recipe for creamed corn that everyone asks me to bring when I go places with food. It is actually my dad's creation, If you are interested, I can send it to you!

    Are those tractors made from sewing machines?

    glen

    ReplyDelete