Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tuesday Night Dinner Spinach

The challenge food for the week was spinach. Now this was a poser for me, I not real fond of spinach but Mr. Bill really really likes spinach.  Usually I steam it and serve it with fresh lemon and he's happy.  So as soon a I read the challenge food I started searching the internet for recipes. I  wasn't liking any of the ones I found and I was starting to think I might have to pass on this weeks challenge when I had a 70's flashback and thought of quiche.  Way back when I recall making a spinach quiche so I was in again.

I looked up several recipes but in the end I just sort of made it up as I went. I used:

4-eggs, 1-bunch green onions,chopped,  3-strips bacon, 1-bunch fresh spinach, 3-4 mushrooms 1/8t garlic power, 1/8t onion power, shredded cheddar cheese.  Steamed the spinach, squeeze excess water. Cook bacon, drain. Lightly brown onions and mushrooms. I scrambled the eggs and added all the ingredients in the bowl.

[caption id="attachment_1674" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Fresh from the Oven Fresh from the Oven[/caption]

Because I wanted this to be a side dish not the main dish I made mine in my muffin pan.  I used pam..sprayed it in and wiped it around the cup. Spooned the mix in to the cups and baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (I only put a little spinach in my serving, can you tell which one it is?)

It tasted really good and I served it with baked chicken and green salad.

Jan15 2

 

So this completes a second Tuesday Night Experiment.  I'm linking up with Judy for What's Cooking.

PS Today is the last day to leave a comment here to win the five fat quarters

4 comments:

  1. I searched the internet this week for spinach recipes too - and not one quiche recipe popped up. What a great idea. I especially like the muffin sized portion. Sounds yummy! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I never thought of making quiche in a muffin tin. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spinach muffins look good. They remind me of a recipe from the South Beach Diet book. The muffins in the diet can be frozen and then you microwave for a quick breakfast.

    ReplyDelete