Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tuesday Night Dinner Experiment

Ok here's a news flash...I'm not a great cook.  I strongly admire those people that can walk into a kitchen and next thing you know this wonderful dinner is on the table and everything comes out hot and at the same time.  I'll never be that person.

In early December we made some changes to our eating habits.  One of which is not eating out so often.  This is where not being a great cook comes in.  I'm ok with the basics but you can get tired of the basics real fast.  So I've decided to experiment once a week.  Because of our schedules that night is Tuesday.  Last night was the first experiment.

[caption id="attachment_1637" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Here it is in the pan Here it is in the pan[/caption]

 

Steak stir-fry.  I just kind of made this up as I went.  I bought thin cut steaks and cut it in to strips and dredged it in Famous Dave's Rib Rub. Thinly cut up vegetables, I used broccoli, cauliflower, celery, red pepper and carrots. A little oil in the pan toss in the meat and vegetables, stir fry and  serve.  You can serve it over rice or pasta but that is another thing we've cut out.  Does this count as the carrot challenge from Judy?  It does for me.  Because this might be as creative as I get.

[caption id="attachment_1638" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Dinner on the plate Dinner on the plate[/caption]

I'm also giving Judy full credit for the fact that I'm now taking pictures of my food.  Now I could have a use for my large plate collection.

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork times.

Spinach for next week.  Mr Bill does like his spinach, we'll see if I get inspired.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment