Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stocking up

Really I'm not talking about fabric, that would be for Sunday's Stash Report.  This is stocking up the wood pile.  Well in reality it's about moving the wood piles.  Over the last few years when there was branches or wood to cut up I would cut it up where it fell.  Clean up the brush and get rid of that, cut the wood to a size I can manage and stack it out of the way.

Lately it's been cold here, yes all the way down in the mid 30's in the morning and some days not even reaching 65 degrees.  Now stop laughing, this is Southern California and when it drops below 70 we tend to panic. :)

So Mr. Bill has been using the fireplace and he decided that it was time to round up all those little piles and bring them up to the house.  Ok no problem there's not that much, shouldn't take to long.

Oh My! I've sure cut up a lot of fire wood, a little at a time.

firewood1

We had a whole truck load full.  This should keep in in firewood for a season or two.

firewood2

Disclaimer:  I cut up most of this firewood with my small electric chain saw. It can cut some really good size logs but the big logs in the bottom of the truck Mr Bill did with the big chainsaw.

firewood3

Now we will gather around the fireplace and be toasty warm.

1 comment:

  1. I remember California winters.....not bad. spitting fire wood and gathering eucalyptus bark for kindling was one of my after school chores. shared that with my brothers. then making supper for Mama. the brothers didn't help with that..........that's girls work...how funny. oh well. I enjoy your California stories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete