Monday, June 18, 2012

Design Wall Monday - June 18, 2012

On my design wall/floor today is my little Sweet Treat II.



It started out being my Sweet Treat sew along, I knew when I started that I would not have enough for the size quilt that Judy was making but I soon realized that I didn't even have enough for a baby quilt.  So back to the fabric stash I went, but that's another quilt.

I got a bonus evening in the sewing room this past week and want to do something that showed progress so I pulled out this quilt.  Then as I was ironing and laying out the blocks they just seemed wonky, I thought ok I'll trim them down a little.  They were looking just fine and I only had maybe three to go and I thought "I wonder how they'll look wonky".  I know sometimes I can drive myself crazy.  I've always wanted to make a twisted square so what the heck, I cut one and I liked it.  Went back and cut all of them added some kona snow and I really like my little table topper.

I want to quilt this one on my machine, but I'll have to set it aside for a couple of weeks.  I've put it on my July list.  I know June is only half over and I already have a July list.  Truth be told I started it the first week of June when I found a pattern I want to make but knew that June was full up. :0)

Check out the other design walls at Judy's Patchwork Times

2 comments:

  1. I like your wonky blocks, what design will you use to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little wonky squares are so cute!

    ReplyDelete