Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stash Report Week 38, 2012

The weather did cool off for a few days here and I was able to get some outdoor/yard stuff done, but there's always piles more to do. I even got quality time in the sewing room.  The t-shirt quilt top is done and the backing fabric has been ordered.



I pulled out my bin of Halloween fabric because I'm a bit behind (as usual) in starting my holiday sewing.  I had two good days of making pillowcases.  I like this because it uses up the fabric and that means I can restock up at the after halloween sales.  :0)



By the time I was done I totaled 17 pillowcases.  Now I have a few tablerunners I'd like to get done this week.



I went to JoAnns for a 1/2 yard of fabric and 5 more yards jumped in the cart.  How does that happen.  The good part is that most if it has been used and all that left is the fabric for the tablerunners.

  • Added this week:  5.5 yds

  • Added this year:  176.25 yds

  • Used this week:  21 yds

  • Used this year:  142.25

  • Net 2012  -34 yds 


 

Last week Judy mentioned that there were 15 weeks left in the year and today I read that there are 100 days (99 today) left in the year. Yes I want to know where the year went and why it goes so fast.  I think that writing a blog this year has helped me keep track, it's helped me set goals and keep them.  There is room for improvement as always and as I think about my goals for the next 99 days there is still a lot I'd like to get done this year.  I could make a nice long list  or I can focus on a few big goals.  Some thing to think about this evening while I sew some binding.

For more stash report head over to Judy's at Patchwork times.

3 comments:

  1. Those pillow cases are great! They do use lots of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how those yards just seem to jump into your cart by themselves!

    Great job on the pillow cases. I need to replenish my own. Some of them are 40 years old!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute pillowcases! Will you give them away or do you have little ones who will enjoy them?

    I agree with you - I think blogging has really helped me stay focused this year and get lots more done than I would have otherwise :*)

    ReplyDelete