Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stash Report, Design Wall, NewFO Catch-Up

Oh My!  I'm so behind.  Work and the long weekend is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stash Report has not changed.  I've been sewing but can't count the fabric yet.  So the short version of my stash report is:  No fabric in or out and my total is still -45.5.  With is being National Sewing Month maybe I'll be able to move those numbers.



My design wall is empty :(  I took down my churn dash blocks to put up some t-shirt blocks.  I've finished the churn dash blocks so now it's triangles.

I did some cleaning up in the sewing room too.  Sometimes you just have to stop and clean up to see where you're going.   Ok just a little clean-up, I didn't want to go overboard or I wouldn't be able to find anything.

 



I took down the t-shirts and laid them out on the floor, for some reason laying t-shirt quilts on the floor is easier for me.



Goal this week is to sash up the t-shirt quilt and make those setting triangles for the churn dash blocks.

 

I started a NewFO on Thursday, I really hadn't planned to start a new FO in August (bet you haven't heard that one before) but I saw the box of fabric that I'd been saving and then I thought well I should make start that quilt for someone's Christmas present.  Pulled it out and started cutting.  I'd planned to do it as a leader/ender but I'm not real good at that.  When I have the blocks cut out I want to sew them now!  We'll see how I do with it. Can't show too much, Christmas and all that, but this is a special quilt and I'm taking pic and writing about it in my head so you'll get the full story.



 

WIP - T-shirt quilt.  This is a throw size so once I have the lay-out I like it should come together. Christmas gift-Still cutting.  Churn  Dash- need those setting triangles.

My upholstery class starts up tonight, this makes me happy.  I'll get to see my upholstery buddies and I'm starting on a new chair.  I'm thinking about Upholstery Thursday during the school year.  If I can figure out that link stuff I'll make it a linking party of upholstery projects.

I'm late but I'm still linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for the Stash Report and Design Wall Monday.

Check out the other NewFO at Cat Patches, and Barbara's beautiful photography .

Today I'm linking up for WIP at Freshly Pieced.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Harriet. You just made it in under the wire.

    ReplyDelete