Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stash Report Week 2, 2014

So far so good, no fabric coming in for the first time in 52 weeks I'm a head of the game. :)

I used some for the binding on my Snowman Quilt, and some for my Woods quilt.

[caption id="attachment_2436" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Snowman Quilt Snowman Quilt[/caption]

I'm changing my tracking just a little bit.

This year my quilting buddy and I are using up flannel.  You see a few years ago we both went a little tiny bit overboard at that day after Thanksgiving flannel sale and maybe the next year too.  We are making giving (donation) quilts with it this year. We want to have several ready for when the need arises.

I normally count out my fabric when the top is made, back is made and then the binding when it is sewn on.  For the flannel I'm going to count it out when it's cut, because we are cutting and kitting up four to six quilts at a time.  We spent one evening this past week pulling fabric but only got one kit cut so that is what I'll count this week.  All this to say I'm adding a line to my stash report this year to reflect our flannel leaving the stash.  We want to use what we have but we might have to buy just a bit to balance out a quilt.

The reason I'm including it in my stash report is that it is stored at my house and ok I had six (or maybe more) bins to her two bins when she brought it over last year. It's all mixed together now and it will be leaving my house.  But that's the whole point here,  is to use it up right?

  •  Added this Week:  0 yard

  •  Added this Year:  0 yard


  • Fabric Used this Week : 1 yard

  • Flannel Used this Week: 4 yards


  • Used this Year: 5 yards

  • Net Used this Year: 5 yards


For more stash reports head over to Judy's Patchwork Times

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Good plan for using and counting your flannel. Flannel quilts are so cozy, they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete