Saturday, January 11, 2014

First Finish of 2014

Yes I'm thrilled to have a first finish in the first month of the year.

[caption id="attachment_2436" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Snowman Quilt Snowman Quilt[/caption]

This quilt is for a customer who wanted decorate with a snowman quilt for January.  Do you know it's not easy to find snowman fabric with out Christmas tress, but I searched and searched and found this darling snowman skier panel.

Added boarders and then machine quilted 1/4 in. on the inside borders. Did a big zig zag on the big outside border that looks like mountain peaks (at least it does to me)  and hand stitched the outline of the snowman, traced snowflakes in the corners and hand stitch that too in blue perle cotton.

Snowman 2

I'm really happy how this turned out. It has been a really long time (like years) since I've done any hand quilting and this made me want to do more.

I'm whooping it up with my fist finish of 2014 by linking with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Richard Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Whoop! Whoop! Love the handstitched snowflakes the best. :) A pretty blue color of a quilt too. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete