Thursday, May 9, 2013

Not what I should be working on

Do you ever come up with an ideal and tell yourself you'll just make two or four blocks to see how it's going to look.  Then next thing you know....you're not working on what you should be doing, the stuff with deadlines.  You just keep working on your little ideal..Well that's what I've been doing this week.

[caption id="attachment_2052" align="aligncenter" width="300"]3 inch strips 3 inch strips[/caption]

All last week I kept trying to come up with a quick little donation quilt for Quilt Club and every thing I came up with wanted to be bigger than a 40 inch quilt.  So I stopped for a few days and work on other projects.  But I kept seeing this package of left over three inch strips of Asian fabric from a quilt I did a couple of years ago.  I kept thinking what if I sew them together..but then what.

[caption id="attachment_2053" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Cut into 3 inch strips again Cut into 3 inch strips again[/caption]

I came up with nine patches and I like them.  I'll add white or cream sashing with corner stones and it will be the right size.  But now I like making them so much and they are going together really fast that that's what I sew on every time I'm in the sewing room.  And I wonder how projects become UFO's?  Could it be anything to do with my short attention span? :)

[caption id="attachment_2054" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Sweet Nine Patches Sweet Nine Patches[/caption]

A few blocks between projects and to start and end a sewing session and the little quilt is coming together.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment