Monday, April 15, 2013

UFO Parade April 15,2013

Today is the UFO Parade at Patchwork Times and the crowds are gathering after stopping off to mail their taxes of course.  Everyone wants to see what someone else has been working on.  The parade here at the Brick Sidewalk will be on the short side, not for lack of UFO's but for lack of time to FIND them all. You should also note my really creative names for the quilts too. :)

First up is this nice Red and White quilt. I know I started this in 2009 because we were on a road trip and I would think about the design and math to put myself to sleep at night. So I think this one tops the list to get finished

 

[caption id="attachment_2005" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Red and White Red and White[/caption]

Next is my Crumb Quilt. In September 2011 Jo at Jo's Country Junction had a Crumb Along, this was the first time I knew what I  could use some of the bits and pieces for that just kept hanging around .  Now of course I have a crumb jar to save them in. The  reason this one is maturing as blocks is the two letter blocks. I wasn't sure how I liked them or how to make them different so it got set aside.  Here is the good news parade goers when I took the photo I thought wow it does look like an H and an B so this going together now.  It's small maybe even table topper size so now I'm excited again to finish it.

[caption id="attachment_2007" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Crumb Along Crumb Along[/caption]

 

Here we have a Cowboy Tumbler quilt going on.  It was put away because it needed more tumblers in a color other than red.  Now that my niece organized my fabric closet (more coming on that this week) I can find my cowboy fabric and finish this one up soon.

[caption id="attachment_2006" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Cowboy Tumbler Cowboy Tumbler[/caption]

 

Ah my lovely Yellow and Black quilt.  I'm making this quilt for our "Little Yellow Car"  what? cars can have quilts too you know.  This is your basic take 5 I think this one dates to 2009 too.  I wanted to do something special with the borders  but, that would have made it too big for the car, it's called Little Yellow Car for a reason you know.  While my niece was here we came up with a border plan that will work so my goal is to finish this before Triumpfest this October.

[caption id="attachment_2004" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Yellow and Black Yellow and Black[/caption]

Next we have a Mini Sweet Treat.  When Judy had her Sweet Treat Quilt-A-Long in May of 2012 I started my with this fabric but soon realized that I would not have enough for the size quilt that I wanted.  So I trimmed them up to make a wonky look, then I sashed them.  I've been thinking on how I wanted to quilt it.  I bought some thread so I could be getting close to quilting this one.

[caption id="attachment_2003" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Wonky Sweet Treat Wonky Sweet Treat[/caption]

Today we end this parade with Santa Claus, don't all great parades end with Santa coming down the route on his sleigh?  This is my quick little Christmas quit that has proven not to be so quick.  I started two Christmas's ago and even pulled it out and had it up on the design wall last Christmas but here it sits in the box just waiting for borders.  Will this be the summer that this Christmas quilt gets finished?  We'll have to wait for summer to know that answer.

[caption id="attachment_2002" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Christmas Quilt Christmas Quilt[/caption]

This was my short UFO Parade.  I know there are more, as I set here typing I can think of at least three more  the works.  Since Judy is going to have a weekly link-up I'll be digging the rest out and adding them to my list because we would not want to miss a single UFO.

Head over to Judy's for more UFO Parades.

 

So this is my UFO Parade.  For more wonderful parades head over to Judy's at Patchwork times.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the glimpses of your projects. You have some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. I especially love the red and white quilt. Glad to know I'm not the only person who thinks about quilt projects while they're falling asleep! It's a great idea to have a quilt for your car. I keep some of those fleece tied blankets in my van for when I go to my kids' track and cross country meets and baseball and football games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors! Can't wait to see all of the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Wonky sweet Treat!

    ReplyDelete