Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Finishes something to Whoop About

I am so whooping it up today.  I don't mean to brag but I am finished with all my Christmas sewing.  Of course my list wasn't very long and everything had to be mailed and one will be given tomorrow.  Nothing like having to face the mobs lines at the post office to help you make your deadlines.  :)

counting bears finish

I finished up the little bear quilt.  I found the matching fabric for the binding, it had wander around the sewing room and bury it's self under a stack of fabric.  I  found it quite by chance I really thought I'd would be shopping for binding.

Now the part that I'm really exited about is that I have two weeks to work on the sewing room.  I did a major rearrange last September so I've been using this lay-out for over a year now.  Some things work and some things just bug me to no end.  I'd like to get those bugs worked out and of course the big one---Fabric Management-- OK you can stop laughing now.

I know I can't be the only one that can't decide on how to organize my fabric.  When I first started quilting I used lots of novelty prints.  I still use novelty prints but I'm adding alot that I can now sort by color.  My basket of scraps is over flowing and that needs to be sorted too. So anyway that will be the biggest part of this clean up.  I'll be ready to start the New Year in a clean organized sewing room.  Now that is something to Whoop about.

I'm liking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check out what everyone is doing.

1 comment: