Sunday, December 28, 2014

Stash Report Week 52, 2014

This week was spent adding and subtracting.  I admit for the past month (maybe a little longer) the fabric receipts and cutting log have piled up.  It's kinda like doing your taxes, you know you need a better shoe box system but you just want to cut into the beautiful fabric and sew it up.  So you end up like me.  Setting in front of the adding machine on Christmas Day tallying the fabric numbers and remembering all the fun you had sewing.

I'm counting out several quilts this week.  Some are in their new homes and some decided to remain at home.

Mr. Bill claimed the Black and Red Cats.  The Christmas quilt will grace the guest room next year.

[gallery ids="2873,2874,2862"]

 

I also get to count out  the Christmas quilts I wrote about here.

[gallery ids="2867,2864,2865"]

One nice thing about procrastinating is the out going numbers really add up. :)

Added since last report: 12 Yards
Added this Year: 152.75 Yards
Used since last report: 40.25 Yards
Used this Year: 234.75 Yards
Net Used this Year:  82.00 Yards

I'm thrilled with using 82 yards this year.  I stopped adding to the stash in September, only buying what I needed to finish a project for the last 100 days of this year.  I even made it through a vacation with out buying fabric.  Look out January!!!

I'm looking forward to more usage in 2015.  I'm joining Michelle's Challenge to make baby quilts.  My goal is twelve baby quilts next year

I'm also planning twelve Quilts Of Valor next year.

I may even finish up some of the quilts on my UFO list.

So there will be fabric used in the New Year.

This has been such a useful tool for me.  So I will continue to track my usage next year.

Thank You to Judy for having the stash report it helps keep me on track.

 

For more stash reports head over to Judy's at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Harriet, You did very well on your usage this year. You finished some very pretty quilts. Your goals for next year are admirable too. Good luck. I'm going to follow your lead and try to get more of my UFO's and QOV finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! I have some animal prints to use - thanks for sharing your Wild Child quilt.
    You will enjoy joining Michelle in making baby quilts.
    Have a very happy new year

    ReplyDelete