Friday, December 26, 2014

Last Friday Finish 2014

I sure hope everyone had a nice Christmas and is ready to take on the New Year.

I really didn't just finish these quilts but they are with their new owners so I can post them now.

First up is a 25 patch Christmas quilt.  This came about after my Halloween quilt.  I wanted one for Christmas and of course I wanted it quick so I used 2.5 in strips and squares for variety..

[caption id="attachment_2862" align="aligncenter" width="296"]Christmas 2014 Christmas 2014[/caption]

I'm also in love with the back of this one too.

[caption id="attachment_2863" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Christmas 2014 Back Christmas 2014 Back[/caption]

 

Then quilts for two nephews.  One lives on the east coast and one in the middle of the country.  I chose sashing and borders to reflect the area they live in. I used Bonnie Hunter's Dancing Nine Patch pattern.  I added a row on one quilt for my older, taller nephew.  I like this pattern and can see using it again.

[caption id="attachment_2867" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Coastal Blue Waters Coastal Blue Waters[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2868" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Coastal Blue Waters Coastal Blue Waters[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2865" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Blue Prairie Skies Blue Prairie Skies[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2866" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Blue Prairie Skies Blue Prairie Skies[/caption]

 

Then for my niece I went just a tad on the wild side.

[caption id="attachment_2864" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Wild Child Wild Child[/caption]

 

I'm thrill with how each one turned out and hope each and every one of them will feel the love when they use them.

I'm whooping it up big time today as I spend the day cleaning up the sewing room and getting it ready for the New Year.

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

 

 

 

1 comment: