Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lovely Year of Finishes April Finish

Another down to the wire finish for me this month. Seriously I just finish putting in the last stitches of the binding this morning.

[caption id="attachment_2649" align="aligncenter" width="271"]Tumbler Quilt Tumbler Quilt[/caption]

 

When I started at the first of the month it was mostly just a stack of tumblers.  Then of course I wanted more variety which is the reason it was a UFO in the first place.

[caption id="attachment_2650" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Scrappy Goodness Scrappy Goodness[/caption]

So out came the cutter and a big bag of large size scraps and a mess was made while cutting more.  You know what happen don't you? Yep I still have a stack of tumblers.

[caption id="attachment_2651" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Sort of straight line quilting Sort of straight line quilting[/caption]

That was my lesson learned with this quilt.  Tumbler quilts are not UFO's they are always quilts in progress that you collect fabric for as you go along.

[caption id="attachment_2653" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Love this piece for the back Love this piece for the back[/caption]

This is good news cause I don't have to put it on a UFO list and it can live on a shelf out in the open so fabric can be added at anytime and rows can be sewn between other projects.  Win Win.

[caption id="attachment_2654" align="aligncenter" width="300"]loving the scrappy binding loving the scrappy binding[/caption]

I'm so glad that I got this done just in time.:)

Linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for Lovely Year of Finishes

 

1 comment:

  1. great finish, well done. I love your philosophy for your next tumbler quilt!

    ReplyDelete