Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stash Report Week 8, 2014

Sorry I missed last week, did you miss me? While I was away there was fabric acquisition, are you surprised? I thought not.  I know what you are thinking, how can she tag along at a HAM Radio Convention and end up with fabric?  I'm telling you it's a talent. Remember when I went to the model railroad show ?

Anyway some of the HAM's spouses (and there are lady HAM's too) brought in guest speakers on different subjects just for us tagger-a-longers. (I just made that up).  One seminar was on quilting and using the strip tube ruler which of course I just happen to own (and have used) but I'm always for picking up new pointers, and I did.

The speaker was from Grandma Jo's quilt shop which happen to be just down the street.  We stopped in on our way out of town. I wanted to show Mr. Bill their zing binding. I'm putting it on the baby quilt I'm finishing up so you can see it on Friday. This is the long way to say I bought 2 yards of fabric.

[caption id="attachment_2522" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Sewing Fabric Sewing Fabric[/caption]

 

  •  Added this Week:  2.00 yards

  •  Added this Year:    54.75  yards


  •  Used this Week :  0.75 yards

  •  Used this Year:     46.75  yards


  • Net Used this Year -8.00 yards  


That puts me a little deeper in the red, buying more that I've used. Not to worry I've three quilts that I'm working on binding and then I can count out some fabric.

For more stash reports head on over to Judy's at Patchwork Times

PS: Grandma Jo's Quilt Shop in Yuma Az.  Had a great selection of fabrics and the ladies were very friendly. I could not find a web site and one is not listed on their business card. If you are going through Yuma AZ , just google Grandma Jo's and stop in for a shopping break.

1 comment:

  1. You did well to stop at two yards! I had to buy another suitcase to bring back fabric from an AIA (architects) convention in San Diego, so I know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete