Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 2014 UFO's and NewFO's

This year I've committed myself to finishing up UFO's, but I also have ideals swirling around in my head all the time so we all know that there will be NewFO's too.

Starting with the UFO's :  The Flannel Woods Quilt:

[caption id="attachment_2489" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Flannel Woods Flannel Woods[/caption]

My goal was to get the top finished and I did. It's at the quilters and I've the binding made and ready to go when it comes back. Maybe this week, so I'll have the finish photo next month.

The second UFO I chose for January was my 12 Days of Christmas wall hanging.

[caption id="attachment_2495" align="aligncenter" width="191"]Twelve Days Of Christmas Twelve Days Of Christmas[/caption]

I bought this panel several years ago while visiting in Oklahoma, like maybe 2009.  I took it when I was renting time on a long and quilted it Nov 2012. So it sat all last year just waiting for binding and a hanging sleeve.  I finished this up just this past week.

So I'm feeling really good about checking one and a half off my list this month and I'm really excited about starting my January NewFO.

I've wanted to do an orange and white quilt for some time and have been buy orange fat quarters when I find one I like. I've also knew that I wanted to use half square triangles. I started cutting my hst's with my accucutter. I decided to make one block  just to see, you know how it is when you are starting a new ideal, how you just want to see one block.

NewFo Jan 1

While at the ironing board I flipped one half of the block around and WOW

[caption id="attachment_2497" align="aligncenter" width="300"]WOW  Love it WOW Love it[/caption]

So I made some more blocks and laid them out.

[caption id="attachment_2498" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Orange Cream Orange Cream[/caption]

I'm still working on this quilt and will be working on this this month too.  I'm so loving this quilt.  I've a busy month with quilt orders due but I'll still be able to make progress on this sweet orange quilt.

I'm liking up with Barbara at Cat Patches for January NewFO Party 

3 comments:

  1. Love the orange! It always amazes me the different locks one can get from flipping the pieces! Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete