Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stash Report - Week 43, 2012

I've had a good week in the Used Fabric column.   After I rented time on the long arm to quilt my quilts I waited until I made and sewed down the binding before counting the fabric. I might have to rethink when I count it out or have a better way to keep track then scraps of paper taped to the wall.  :)  I'll show the quilts after I've finish the hand work.

So here's the list of what I'm counting today - 6 pillowcases, Coffee churn dash, Cowboy take 5, Construction, Tumbler.  Just so I don't forget and try to count it again.  Ha

I finished hand stitching down the binding on the t-shirt quilt.  While we had a few cool days, for the most part it's just been to warm to set with a quilt on my lap even in the evening. This one turned out a bit bigger than I'd planned but it's really had to narrow down twenty plus years of riding.

 



Had a few extras so they went on the back.



I bought this fabric from Connecting Threads back in July and I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for.  I very carefully calculated how much of each fabric I wanted.  Here it is October and I don't have a clue.  I know it included pillowcases and table runners.  Now I'm guessing I should make notes when I order the fabric and put the note with the fabric when it arrives.  I'll make good use of it this week but I'd sure like to know what I had planned.  LOL



I've signed up for a craft faire with a few girlfriends.  I'm trying to make items for the craft faire too.  That's where the pillowcases come in and it's a great way to use my stash for the after holidays sales.



 

I'm so close to breaking even....but I know I have a box coming this week, so there goes the add column again.

  • Fabric Added this week:  0 yds

  • Fabric Added this year:  199.5 yds

  • Fabric Used this week:  32.75 yds

  • Fabric Used this year:  186.0 yds

  • Net used 2021:  -13.5



We've had a touch of fall here last week and it inspired me to do the front porch.  We have on trick or treaters and no visitors so this is just for us, and you of course.







Check out more stash reports over at Patchwork Times.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your front porch is adorable. Congrats - you really accomplished a lot this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete