Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Homemade Hand Cream

I first read about this homemade hand cream back in December on Judy's blog.  With yard work, painting and the general cleaning out  that is going on here my hands are taking a beating.  Then there is the dry feet thing.  It's Southern California I wear sandals 90% of the time.



When I first read about making this cream I thought I need to try this and I hunted down the ingredients wanting to make it.  But I'd just cleaned out my cupboards and had put all my various creams in a basket.  You know, the half used tube of cream, the bottle with only a third left, and don't forget the new unopened ones that shoved to the back and forgotten.  So I put my little bag of ingredients away until I made a serious dent in the store bought stuff.

So yesterday I pulled out that bag and my mixer and set them on the kitchen counter to make it up last night.

  • 16oz Baby Lotion

  • 8 oz Vaseline

  • 8 oz Vit E Cream


 

Put it all in the mixer , it looked like pink tinted icing.  Then I filled the small containers I also bought at the dollar store and reused the Vit E cream jars. 

Used it last night and I'm taking a couple to some friends this week.

I'm linking this up with Try It On Tuesday  at Jo's Country Junction.  What did you try new this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment