Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Wall Monday May 7,2012

On the wall today is the Quilt of Valor that I started a couple of weeks ago.  You probably can tell that it's a Take 5.  You know that pattern where you take 5 minutes to pick the fabric  and 15 minutes to cut it out and the 50 minutes to sew it up. Well maybe I'm over stating it just a bit.   But things just don't happen like that at my house, LOL



See that square missing at the bottom, somehow the flags got sewn in upside down so that one is setting at the machine again just waiting for me.

 

I wasn't going to start anything new. No I wasn't.  Even when Judy posted about a Sweet Treat  sew-a-long. No I wasn't.  Even when she said it was really easy.  No I wasn't.  Even when she posted the first step in the sew-a-long and it looked so easy. No I wasn't.  I mean I worked all weekend so I wouldn't  have the time to finish up by Monday.  Then I saw this last night in my sewing room.



 

Scraps from my girlfriend Kat and they just cried out to be made into a Sweet Treat .  I don't even think there is enough for the 30 blocks that were suppose to be done by today but here I am cutting them down to 2-inch strips and seeing what I can get out of them.  My quilt might be much smaller.  So much for "NO I'm not starting anything new"

To see more design walls go to Judy's at Patchwork Times.

 

1 comment:

  1. REMEMBER FOCUS ---NO NEW UNTIL OLD IS FINISHED.....IT IS BEAUTIFUL............

    ReplyDelete