Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Good-bye Tumber Charm Quilt--For Now

I was feeling a little sad when I had to take down my charm quilt rows and pack it away for now.



I must be realistic.  I have several projects with deadlines and the holidays are fast approaching.  While I was having great fun working on my charm quilt it had to be put to rest.



I've rolled the rows five to a roll.  I've pined the baby tumbles 20 to a set.  I have 22 rows done, which means I need 405 tumblers for the quilt.  I have cut out 240 tumblers, that means I need 165 more tumblers.  I've decided not to sew the tumblers together yet.  I've put a note in the box with the tumblers and made a date with this quilt for January 1st.

I pulled out these blocks that I made at the end of June.  This is a disappearing nine patch that I read about over at Jo's Country Junction.  I'm loving the fun colors and how easy it's going together.



Now I have to put my sewing room back together.  It's amazing how big of a mess I made pulling out fabric.  Time to sort, fold and put away.

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Hehe!! Yeah, I'm REAL good at tornadoing the sewing room! Your disappearing 9-patch has terrific colors going. And the tumbler project is a perfect one for working at it for stretches at a time and then putting it away for a while. As long as you keep it organized with notations, it'll be no prob pulling it back out and getting back to work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Disappearing Nine Patch is looking wonderful! Make sure to link up to my Try it on Tuesday when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete