Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday July 16, 2012

Still up on my design wall is my mini tumbler charm quilt.  I really over estimated how many mini tumblers I had cut out.  When I was done sewing what was cut, I only have 22 of the 37 rows I need .



So I started pulling out fabric.  I pulled scraps, charm squares, odd cuts, even fat quarters.



After cutting the scraps and odd cuts and charm squares I still need 245 more tumblers.  I still have some odds and ends to cut. Then I will have to decide if I want to cut a four inch square off of the fat quarters and other yardage.  Do I really want to cut into yardage or do I put it away again until I have more scraps.  I keep going back and forth.  With the holidays approaching and two T-shirt quilt orders I'm leaning toward putting it away and collecting more fabric pieces.



So do I sew up the charms into rows or just keep adding to my box?  It will depend on how much sewing time I get this week.  There are yards to do and errands to run so I'll figure it out as I go.  :)

For more design walls head over to Patchwork Times

1 comment:

  1. That is incredible! I love this idea of using up your scraps this way. It seems to use a lot of them, which is what I definitely need.

    glen

    ReplyDelete