Friday, May 22, 2015

I have a Finish

Well it sure has been a while since I've had a quilty finish.  We won't even go into how long since I've written a blog post.

There has been a lot of house stuff and furniture stuff happening. I'll write more on that later.  Today it's all about a finished quilt.

I was commissioned to make this quilt, which is probably why I have a finish.  It had a deadline. :)

The guide lines were: Angels, Butterflies, and scripture.  Favorite colors of the recipient are blue and purple.



I had used the angel fabric with the words for Amazing grace before, a few years back and was really glad to find some again on the internet (got to love the internet) the rest of the fabric came from my stash, local quilt shop and more internet shopping.



I looked through books and magazines looking for a pattern that could showcase the Angels, Butterflies and Scripture.  I found just the pattern in a older McCall's Quilting magazine. May/June 2013. It's called "Boho Girl" by Amy Smart.  Because the customer request lap size I left off a row on the side and bottom.  It still came out to a good size quilt.

I love how the centers of the flowers in the borders glow.  Like angel light, or fireflies.



I'm just happy to have a finish and know that the recipient like the quilt too.

I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for this Friday Finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment