Saturday, August 31, 2013

August New FO

August is ending and I started two new quilts this month, both are in the beginning stage.  Don't you just love the excitement of starting a new quilt.  The colors, the cutting, the anticipation of beautiful blocks coming off the sewing machine.

This one is a Christmas gift, I know about time it got started.  I using this Sweet Menagerie pattern from Moda Bake Shop.  Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with precuts.  I mean really if I wanted a bad cut (too narrow and wonky) I can do those myself.  Really isn't the point of precuts to make it easier? But I digress.

[caption id="attachment_2258" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Christmas 1 Christmas 1[/caption]

I'm using a Hello Gorgeous Jelly Roll with white sashing. Love the colors in this line and I'm looking forward to working on this top this Labor Day Weekend.

My second start is a quilt that I've wanted to make for the longest time.  Since I first saw this quilt four years ago I've wanted this quilt. This quilt has be brewing!  After seeing this quilt I started looking for the pattern and bought it shortly after.  Always there in my pattern box asking is now the time?  Then almost two years ago I bought the fabric kit for the center of the quilt.  Now I've jumped in with both feet and I'm making my  Hocuspocusville quilt.  I'm so excited to be starting this quilt.

[caption id="attachment_2257" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Hocupocusville Hocupocusville[/caption]

Here is my background fabric and my fabric for the center.

AugNewFO 1

I've started the tracing of the blocks and will finish them up this weekend.

AugNewFO 2

Have I mentioned how excited I am?

I'm linking up  my NewFo's with Barbara at Cat Patches

8 comments:

  1. I have that HocusPocusville quilt on my to-do list as well. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts will be wonderful. Love your fabric for the Hocuspocusville! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hocus Pocus quilt is going to be amazing, I'll be looking forward to the progress. I've been reading a lot of complaints about pre-cuts lately, at this point I think I'll cut my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love both of these. What awesome background fabric for Hocuspocusville. :D And somebody's getting a really neat Christmas present. Love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with your complaint about precuts. I'll never buy another - it's just easier to cut the fabric myself. I do love the fabrics and colors you've chosen for that Christmas 1 project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hocuspocusville sounds great.

    I love New Beginnings and as always we really don't know where we will end up!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great projects. That Hocuspocusville looks cute and I can't wait to see how your colors all come together! I haven't bought much pre-cut fabric, but I agree, it seems to be cut worse than I cut my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hocus-pocusville quilt! How did you trace it onto that dark fabric? The Sweet Menagerie will be pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete