Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Big Fall Clean Out Day 1

 

A while back last week I was trying to find something. It wasn't a big thing but it was important for what I was doing at the time.  I searched and searched. I looked and looked. It was so frustrating because I'd been so careful not to miss place this item. As I was looking for said item, I even looked in places that it could not be unless it walked there it's self. Know what I mean.

This lead me to make a few decisions.  It was sheer coincidence that it was the first day of Autumn. That also according to the calendar there were 100 days left in this year.  What was I going to accomplish in the next 100 days?

There is a need here to clean out so that has lead to THE BIG FALL CLEAN OUT.

Here are my guidelines:

1. Official start October 1st.

2. No stashing, stocking up. Everything bought in the next 100 days has to be consumed. (I might have to make an exception for the day after Thanksgiving)

3. Work on making product for November Craft Show.

That is basically it. K.I.S.S.

So today's clean out:

Bottom two shelves in pantry. Sorted paper bags. Silverware drawer. Cleaned off the kitchen counter.

[caption id="attachment_2310" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Pantry Pantry[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2311" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Drawer Drawer[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2312" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Counter Counter[/caption]

Really it won't take long for that counter to get filled up again.

Sewing/Product

Finished the blocks for the red/white quilt.

[caption id="attachment_2314" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Red and White Quilt Red and White Quilt[/caption]

Started taking apart stool so Mr. Bill can paint the legs. Since he said he would paint the stool I snuck in a magazine rack and a chair too.  I was just trying to make it easy on him since I want them all the same color. :-)

 

[caption id="attachment_2313" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Stool to paint Stool to paint[/caption]

Ok that was day one of my Big Fall Clean Out.  Let's see how far I go.

 

1 comment:

  1. […] there has also been shopping. You would be so proud of me I stuck to my list. Someone made that “No Stashing for 100 Days” rule. There was no fabric bought for the stash, everything purchased has a purpose.  Some has […]

    ReplyDelete