Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Finish: A Baby Quilt

Wow a Friday Finish! I haven't had one in a while.  One of my upholstery buddies is having a new granddaughter so I finished up this mini tumbler quilt for her.  I guess you could call this a UFO but I think really it was just ahead of it's time.

Fri3221

I made the quilt top a couple of years ago when I just starting out.  At that time I did all my quilting by check.  Heck I was just glad to figure out my sewing machine on a good day.  The thought of putting three layers under that presser foot would send me running for cover.  I'm so much better, now I just break out in a cold sweat and procrastinate as long a possible.

Fri3223

This time I decided to forgo the pins after the last learning experience and used the basting spray. Thank you for that advise.  I did wavy lines and then used some decorative stitches on my machine.

Fri3222

I'm happy with my effort and the Grandma loves it and that's what counts.

I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

2 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely adorable quilt! The decorative quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the decorative stitches look!

    ReplyDelete