Sunday, March 3, 2013

Design Wall Monday March 4, 2013

There are scrappy trips around the world blocks on my design wall.  They are all over the internet and  I thought I'd make a few with my left over St Patrick's fabric.  I still haven't made the granny squares that were going around last summer and thought if I don't try these squares I'll be two trends behind, oh my!

[caption id="attachment_1904" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Scrappy Trips Scrappy Trips[/caption]

I love the look, understand the concept, but the machanics of making them was hard for me. On every block I'd get the unsewing wrong as least once and  would sew the strips back together backwards at least once.  Four blocks were plenty for me. :)

Even after all that I have a nice holiday table topper.

To see what's on more design walls head over to Judy's Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. It gets easier as you go! I have to make 100 for my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way ti use up your left over fabric. Love the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emerald is the color of the year too. That makes your greens perfect. Glad to not be the only one who has to unsew my blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had lots of trouble with my first few blocks, but the more blocks I make the fewer I have to resew. :-)

    ReplyDelete