Monday, July 13, 2015

What I'm Working On and Catching Up

Oh I had such grand plans for this summer.  I had my summer all mapped out.   The three quilts I was determined to finish this summer, all that wonderful fabric I was going to use. The yard work I was so looking forward to each morning. Getting a head start on product for my fall/Christmas craft show.  Getting back into my craft room and working with photos and paper.  Then there was some house projects.

Yes I had my summer all planned, and it was all going so well until the morning I was working in the yard and fell.


Yes my "Summer To Do List" came to a screeching halt when I broke my right wrist.  One good thing well there is more than one, I am ambidextrous.  I do a lot of things left handed but I sure have learned just how right handed I am.  My left handed writing has improved greatly the last two weeks.  :-)

Well since a person can only rest so long before start cleaning out drawers and closets.  I am pulling out all my holiday fabric.  Halloween, Fall and Christmas Fabric piled stacked and sorted on table.


Doing an inventory of sorts and making a a list of product ( on yellow pad, left-handed)  to make for show and if the Doctor cooperates I'll be sewing up a storm in August,


I think sometimes it takes something drastic like this to make us examine our lives.  I try to do this often but like others it's hard for me to slow down or just stop and step back to see the big picture.  So I need to be thankful for this inconvenience. Learn some lessons and don't go fabric shopping on the internet.  Oh and those three quilts I was determined to finish this summer, they'll be here in the fall and they will get done in their own time.

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times and Love Laugh Quilt

3 comments:

  1. It's great to look for the good when life sends us on a detour.... and there is almost always good to be found. I hope you heal quickly. Enjoy your sorting and organizing and planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that a few years ago so I can relate to what you are going through! Who knew how much we need our right wrist??? Sorting is a great pasttime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple cast and how well it goes with your quilt! Yep, quilts wait for whatever we need to put in front of them. Let's hope the wrist is back good as new soon.

    ReplyDelete