Friday, May 30, 2014

Orange Butterfly is done

Do you name your quilts? I don't really name my quilts as in writing a name on the label, heck I've only this year started putting a label on most quilts but that's a different story.  What I do is give my quilts a "Working Title", that sounds so Hollywood.

[caption id="attachment_2674" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Orange Butterfly Orange Butterfly[/caption]

This darling little quilt has been called Orange Butterfly since I started cutting the fabric.  The butterfly flannel fabric jumped into my arms a few months back when we had a cold day here in Southern Ca, I'm thinking it might have been our only cold day since December.  But back to Orange Butterfly.  I wanted to really showcase the butterflies and I wanted quick.  So I used Mary's Quick Strippie pattern, so I got the showcase part, quick, what can I say?  I guess I wanted to keep the butterflies around a bit longer.

OrangeButterfly 3

This little darling is done and ready to go on to her new home.  For the backing I found a great orange with cream flowers cotton.  I do like backing flannel quilts with cotton, maybe that's just a Southern Ca thing too. I find flannel on flannel to warm for San Diego.

OrangeButterfly 4

Oh the little bird? I found him at the shop just setting by itself and knew that it was meant to go with this quilt.

OrangeButterfly 2

I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That turned out well, and you're right, the little bird harmonizes perfectly with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete